Sunday, September 11, 2005

6 weeks left - home stretch

Hello All,

I'm officially on the count down. I only have 6 weeks left in the Operation Iraqi Freedom theater of operations. What does that mean? I'll be leaving Iraq in a little less than 6 weeks and leaving for Germany in 6 weeks.

It has been a pretty interesting week. I met Vince Vaughan, actor (Old School, Dodgeball) this week. He came to Abu on Tuesday and was in the dining facility. Of course I didn't have my camera that day, but I went up to him and shook his hand and told him thanx for coming to Abu, not many people come out here (to include high ranking US Gov't officials).

I received a bed on Thursday, no more cot for me. I've been sleeping better on it. Last week, our HQ pulled out all of the attorneys from Abu Ghraib. They left 4 paralegals down here to handle the paperwork and ship files to HQ. No word yet on whether we're going to be moving or not, but I expect we'll be out of here the last 2-3 wks of my deployment. We'll see.

Work is work. Without the attorneys, our stress level has significantly decreased. All we have to do is our job. Our 4th person came back from R&R so Team America has been reunited. Our back log is almost completely gone, which will help us leave the office earlier each day. I have the day off, so I can't really complain about much.

Not much else going on. Things have been very quite here, which may not be a good thing. I'm just taking it one day at a time. You all take care and I'll see you when I get home some time in early November.


b

1 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Bruce May said...

I think we are now down to about three weeks and we are all so anxious to get the guy back here. I even get to have a whole day with Sgt May.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home